Nepal Run Club collects only the data we need to conduct a running club. We follow best practice on handling and storing it, and we don’t share it with anyone other than England Athletics – unless we are obliged to, or permitted to by law.
The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- Why we need your Personal Data
- Protecting your data – Important!
- England Athletics
- Third Parties
- Website Cookies
- Data Legislation Compliance
The website is maintained by Nepal Run Club . For the purposes of data protection legislation, Nepal Run Club is the data controller. When your data is shared with England Athletics, Nepal Run Club and England Athletics become Joint Controllers.
Nepal Run Club is the owner of www.NepalRun.org and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Data Protection Legislation).
This Policy explains what information we collect about you, why, and how it is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
Our Social Media Policy includes important advice about protecting privacy, and the use of photographs taken during club training sessions.
The information we collect about you
As a new or existing club member we collect the following information about you via our online membership form:
Your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact data nominated by you, and (for our coaches, leaders and club officials), details of any coaching or officiating licences you hold. Collectively, this is referred to as your Athletics Data.
We may collect photographs of you as a participant in our races, events and training sessions.
How we use your information
Depending upon the nature of your request to us, we may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- If you email us with an enquiry we use your personal information to contact you with a response to your enquiry.
- If you apply for club membership, we use your personal information to:
- Process your membership request and payments.
- Share required data with relevant committee members (Club Officials) and with England Athletics.
- Provide you with information about club sessions, competitions, activities, membership renewals, social events and key policy or governance changes.
- Share and publish race and competition results.
- Invite you to join the Nepal Run Club closed Facebook group.
- If you participate in club events (training and/or races, fun runs etc) we use your personal information to:
- Record your race performance (finish time and/or position). See also Race Photography below.
- Share relevant data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions / events.
- Share anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g Local Authority, County Sports Partnership.
- Analyse anonymised data to monitor club trends.
- If you participate in club team events e.g. cross-country league we may use your personal information to:
- Share data with club captain / team managers to enter events.
- Share data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in their events.
- If you submit an Accident Report Form, we may use your personal information to:
- Follow-up on possible health and safety or welfare issues.
- Record (anonymised/statistical) accident data experienced during club activities.
- Event Marketing Communication (where separate consent is provided) we may use your personal information to:
- Send you information about our organised race events.
- Race Photography
- Photographs and/or video will be recorded at our Races and club events.
The intended purpose of the photographs is to commemorate your participation in the event and provide a lasting record of your achievement. However, in making images available for review and download, the images are published in the public domain.
By entering our events you grant us the right to make such media available for download from our website. Nepal Run Club may also use appropriate images in press releases and printed publicity.
Note: Please be aware that, when coupled with the published results, bib numbers visible in photographs can be used to identify you personally.
Why we need your Personal Data
Your Athletics Data is required so we can administer your membership and provide the services you are registering for (i.e. your participation within an EA affiliated running club).
- For training and competition entry
- To share your personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions.
- To share your personal data with club team managers to enter events.
- For funding and reporting purposes
- To share anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding
- To analyse anonymised data to monitor club trends.
- To invite your views on our club offering and your experience as a club member. Periodically we will seek your views using Google Forms.
- For membership and club management
- To process membership forms and payments; respond to any queries you may raise, and generally manage our relationship with you.
- To keep you informed of club events, activities and any changes in our policies newsletters and emails are distributed via the club database within EA.
- To publish race and competition results.
Any personal and Sensitive data provided by you (e.g. fitness/ health/ medical data) is processed on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we require your explicit consent to process this data to be granted at the point of collecting it.
Social Media Group
The club has the following Facebook Page and group : Nepal Run – Group for Current Members
All members are free to join this group. Please note the club has a Social Media Policy which states guidelines for acceptable use. In addition, the provider of the social media platform (Meta) have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Protecting your data
The Internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us over the Internet.
As a local club managed entirely by volunteers, the data that we collect from you is transferred via email. This means it will be held on various email file servers used by the club committee, officials and key club communicators.
Your data is held in protected folders within the cloud (Google Drive). This storage has inbuilt security and access is restricted to – and controlled by – the Club Committee.
Where practicable, we protect your data via password-protection of file attachments and/or file encryption.
The club social media channels are used to promote the club; inform our members of events and competitions; share club news, and to celebrate members’ achievements. Such promotion includes press releases to print publishers; posts to our club website and social media pages; and interviews on local radio. Once in the public domain, the privacy of data cannot be easily managed.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
A PII (Person-Identifiable Information) data map and risk assessment is available on request from email@example.com
Data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
Athletics Data: Four years after an individual has not renewed their membership
Personal and Sensitive Data (e.g. emergency contacts or medical information): as short a time as possible. We store this data securely, limit access to it to only relevant officials and delete it when it is no longer required.
Accident Report Data: Accident Report Data is made available only to club Welfare Officers and is held for as short a time as possible. Anonymised records of accidents are held indefinitely to enable the monitoring of club safety.
Published race results and Club Records: Indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available online from many sources. Nepal Run Club cannot manage data controlled by third-parties.
Nepal Run Club is affiliated to England Athletics (EA). As an affiliated club, we provide your Athletics Data to EA and this enables access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). EA will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings).
The user terms and conditions of the myAthletics portal includes advice on privacy dos and don’ts. Refer to https://myathleticsportal.englandathletics.org/Home/Terms
If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with EA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
From 2020, we have used Jotform for the processing of membership form . Jotform is a third-party online form service that enables individual payers (club members) to make an online membership application . Payments are processed by Paypal on behalf of the merchant (Nepal Run ), and paid directly into the Nepal Run Club account.
In line with other digital payment processing services, Paypal use personal data including: identification, contact, financial, transaction and connection data to provide their payment services, prevent fraud and to provide essential communication. The privacy statement for payers using Paypal can be found on the Paypal website.
What are cookies?
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
Automatically collected access information
Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
Nonessential technical information: the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, and the “cookie information” described below
This website uses the following types of cookies:
Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
Analytical cookies – Nepal Run Club WordPress website uses Google Analytics (third party cookie).
They are used for the following purposes:
- a cookie to record the time of your: first visit to website; most recent visit and your current visit
- a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website
- a cookie to manage the number of requests from the current page to other site resources .
Can I opt out of cookies?
Yes you can restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, and you can do so by accessing your Internet browser settings. The ’Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org
However, please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit. For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.
Data Legislation Compliance
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- To access a copy of your personal data the club holds;
- To object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- To prevent processing for direct marketing;
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- To claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
If you are currently receiving unwanted communications from Nepal Run Club , or if you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how we collect or process your data, please let us know! Contact info @nepalrun.org in the first instance.
Finding out what information Nepal Run Club holds about you
Under Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please email: email@example.com
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.