Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions below carefully, then tick the box to accept.
In entering the Nepal Run UK (the ‘Event’), You (meaning the entrant to the Event or, where you are submitting an application as a parent or guardian for a child aged under 18 for whom you are responsible, your child) agree that:
- Liability – to the extent permitted by law, neither Nepal Run Org (‘Organiser’) nor its sponsors or suppliers will be liable for any loss, harm, damage, illness or injury howsoever caused (directly or indirectly), arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, the participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the Organiser and/or its employees, subcontractors or agents.
- Medical – you agree that:
- Your personal information (including medical information entered on the race number or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event can be stored, used and disclosed by Organiser in connection with the organisation and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information. If you become ill during or after the Event and/or receive medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff, or any doctor or hospital, you authorise such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the event Medical Director or others authorised by her/him.
- You consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to you in the case of illness, injury or an emergency, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the Organiser, its employees and/or contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anesthetics).
- You warrant that you will be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event unaided and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser may from time to time issue reasonable rules or conditions to deal with Covid-19 including concerning testing, social distancing or the use of monitoring or tracking devices or software. You warrant that you will comply with all such rules or conditions.
- Entries to the Event are personal to you. You are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer your place in the Event. Any entry that is transferred or offered to transfer will be void.
- 4. Multiple entries to the Event will result in all your entries being disqualified.
- Should Organiser cancel the Event or be prevented from holding the Event, you may, at Organiser’s discretion, receive a refund of the entry fee, or if you received the entry from a charity, the entry shall be returned to the charity.
- You agree that we may publish your personal information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for publishing results either for the Event alone or combined with or compared to other Events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
We also use your personal information in accordance to follow:
- To process any application you make to participate in any of our events;
- To track your progress in any of our events;
- To send you health and safety and other relevant event information for any Nepal Run events that you are participating in;
- To notify you of events, activities, publications or services that may be of interest to you should you consent to receiving these from us;
- To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- If you are obtaining your entry through a third party (such as a charity, sponsor, supplier or business) to allow the third party access to your information for the purpose of management and administration in respect of your entry; and
- You understand and consent to the fact that during the Event, various filming, photography and broadcasting takes place. You hereby consent to photographs, filming and sound recording of you while participating in the Event and grant your permission, free of charge, to Nepal Run, its licensees and those authorised by it, to use such photographs, films and recordings (including any copies) and for your image, likeness and voice to be included in pictures and/or on film and/or audio broadcasts or transmissions (including the publication on the internet and on social media) and their exploitation and advertising without compensation or credit such use shall last in perpetuity.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- Running is an endurance sport;
- You should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects your level of fitness;
- You are responsible for monitoring your own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event;
- You agree that your participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and you will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Organiser will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
- By submitting your application you warrant that the information you have and will provide is accurate and true. You must not use any false information or misrepresent the information of another person as applying to you. Anyone who uses false or misleading information or documents in order to gain entry will have their registration cancelled and may be banned from future events. The use of false documents to obtain an entry may be a criminal offence.